EXHIBITION OF NEW GERMAN ARCHITECTURE IN BELGRADE, 1940
Among architectural exhibitions that marked the interwar period of Serbian architecture, the exhibition of new German architecture held in Belgrade in October 1940 attracted great attention. It was the first exhibition of German national socialist architecture abroad. Top members of Yugoslav government took part in the organizational activities, with Prince Pavle as a patron. The exhibition was prepared by architect Albert Speer who was a public works inspector for the Reich capital, and according to the directives of the Foreign Minister Ribbentrop and propaganda minister Goebbels. The exhibition attracted a great deal of attention from both high-profile and wide public, and was reported widely by the daily press. It has interpreted the social, cultural and political aspects of German architecture and its reception in Serbian and Yugoslav architecture.